After the Congress of Berlin in 1878, Bosnia and Herzegovina became part of Austria-Hungary, leading to significant changes in the local social structure. During this period, the Bridge of Sara Kašiković, also known as the Girls’ Bridge, was built in 1896 on the right shore of the river Bregava. The bridge was constructed for private use, connecting a road and gardens on the other side of the river. Its owner, Sara Kašiković, built it as a tribute to her lost love, Salko, whom she could not marry due to religious differences. Sara later built a hotel named Europe on the site where they used to meet.